Posts Tagged ‘Detroit’
Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Lawyers For Wrongful Death LawsuitsStockert 3T Heater-Cooler System lawyers are filing failure to warn lawsuits due to increased risk of infections caused by the Cooler Systems during cardio thoracic surgery.
Stockert 3T Lawsuits FiledLawsuits are being filed against LivaNova PLC for their 3T heating-cooling system. This system has been found to transmit bacteria into patients during open-chest cardiac surgery. The nontuberculous mycobacteria causes Mycobacterium chimaera which can result in death,
What is The 3T Heater-Cooler System?The 3T heater-cooler units are used during surgery to control body temperature. They have water tanks that move temperature-controlled water to heat exchangers or blankets, which cool or warm the recipients body.
3T Heater-Cooler System IssuesThe water in the 3T systems can become contaminated resulting in bacteria being released into the air through the device’s exhaust vent. This bacteria can infect a patient. It can take several years between the time a patient is exposed to the bacteria and an infection is diagnosed.
Have You Had Surgery Using A 3T Cooler Device?
Up To 4 Years After Surgery Look for signs:
- surgical site infection,
- abscess, bacteremia,
- renal insufficiency,
- fever of undetermined origin,
- night sweats,
- joint pain,
- weight loss,
Contact our Stocker 3T Lawyers
Hernia Surgery LawyersOur Hernia Mesh surgery lawyers are reviewing cases for a faulty Hernia mesh. Have you suffered complications as a result of abdominal hernia surgery using the Physiomesh, Composix, Kugel, Marlex, Perfix Plug, Proceed, Prolene, Sepramesh, Ventralex or Davol?
Were You Injured By A Faulty Hernia Mesh?Hernia Mesh Complications Include: Pain, Infection, Tissue adhesion, Obstruction of the intestines, Hernia came back, Hernia mesh migration, Perforation, and the Need Additional Hernia Mesh Revisions.
File Your Hernia Mesh LawsuitLawsuits are being filed against the manufacturers of hernia mesh due to defective design and failure to warn of the risks.
Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Complications LawyersJohnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon has recalled their Physiomesh surgical mesh due to a demonstrated a higher recurrence of hernias and revision surgeries. Ethicon has thousands of transvaginal mesh lawsuits pending and is due to the failure of the very same mesh product used in their Physiomesh.
Physiomesh ComplicationsSevere pain Infections Hernia recurrence Adhesions Intestinal blockage Mesh migration or movement Physiomesh shrinkage Bleeding Perforation from the deterioration of the mesh Revisions or mesh removal surgery
Get A Hernia Mesh LawyerIf you or a loved one has had an abdominal hernia mesh repair and has experienced any of the complications listed above it is important that you contact us as soon as possible
Ethicon Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Recall LawyersOn May 25, 2016, Johnson & Johnson issued an “Urgent Field Safety Notice” to warning of the higher rates of recurring hernia and the need for revision operations after hernia repair using the Ethicon Physiomesh Composite Mesh. This is the same company that is dealing with hundreds of vaginal mesh lawsuits made of the same substance as the physiomesh.
Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Complications
- Hernia Recurrence
- Scar-like tissue that sticks tissues together
- Blockage of the large or small intestine
- Abnormal adhesions between organs, vessels or intestines
- Fluid build-up at the surgical site
- Perforation of nearby tissues or organs
- Migration and shrinkage
- Bowel perforation and obstruction
- Migration of the mesh and erosion resulting in the need for revision or removal
What Is A Physiomesh?
- Ethicon Physiomesh and vaginal mesh are both used to provide additional support to weakened or damaged tissue. It is made from non-absorbable polypropylene (plastic) filaments that are woven into a mesh.
Laparoscopic Hernia Pack
- ELH5 PHY1515
- ELH10 PHY1515Q
Stryker V40 Taper Hip Replacement Lawyers Stryker Hip Replacement LawyersHip Implant lawyers are filing hip replacement lawsuits for V40 Femoral head failure in the Stryker Hip Implant. In August 2016, Stryker contacted implanting physicians about metal wear associated with its V40 Taper when used with some cobalt chromium heads.Stryker Orthopaedics sent an Urgent Medical Device Recall Notification to orthopedic surgeons. The recall involves certain sizes of LIFT™ Anatomic CoCr V40™ Femoral Heads manufactured prior to 2011. If you had a LIFT- V40 Femoral Head implanted during total hip replacement, you should be watching for a letter from your surgeon in the next few weeks. You may also be getting a letter from Stryker or a company hired by Stryker to handle claims.
Stryker Recall Metal V 40 Femoral Heads LawsuitsStryker has voluntarily recalled some of their metal V40 femoral heads used with hip implants. Stryker hip replacement lawyers are interested in speaking to anyone with a failed: Exeter, Citation, Meridian, Reliance, Definition, Restoration, Accolade Rejuvenate ABG 2 stems.
This failure may be due to the problems with the V40 femoral head.The failure of these heads is caused by corrosion and metal debris at the junction between the metal head and neck. The clinical results for patients include pain, loss of mobility, ambulation problems and an inability to work. Poisoning of the soft tissue, muscle and bone are the cause. Revision surgeries may be needed due to premature failures. Stryker lawyers are seeking patients with LFit V40 femoral heads made before 2011.
What Is The Femoral Head Problem?This is a ball for total hip replacements that can be attached to hip stems, including the Accolade TMZF, Accolade 2, Meridian, and Citation. There have been numerous incidents of taper lock failures on LFit V40 femoral heads made before 2011, This taper lock connects the “ball” part of the hip joint to the hip stem that is inserted in the femur. When it breaks the femoral head will detach from the femoral neck.
Get A Stryker Hip Implant LawyerOur Stryker Hip Replacement lawyers are currently accepting Stryker LFit V40 failure cases.
Which Manufacturers Are You Accepting IVC Filter Lawsuits For?
Bard IVC Filters Include:
- – Recovery
- – G2
- – G2X
- – Eclipse
- – Meridian
- – Denali’
- – Gunther Tulip
- – Celect
- – OptEase
- – TrapEase
Criteria For The IVC Filter Lawsuit
REASONS FOR IVC FILTER IMPLANTATION:
1. Date of removal2. Symptomatic or asymptomatic at time of removal?3. Percutaneous without complication(s) – Our lawyers are not taking these cases4. Open with or without complication(s) – Our lawyers are taking these cases.A CT Scan will be needed for evaluation of claim even if you are asymptomatic.MANUFACTURERS WE ARE NOT TAKING1. Boston Scientific (Greenfield SS and TI – Permanent) – We need to be careful in turningdown Greenfield filter cases because this is a generic term used to describe all IVCfilters.2. B. Braun Medical (Convertible, Vena Tech and LP)3. ALN4. Rex Medical (Option)5. Rafael Medical (SafeFlo)
Get An IVC Filter Lawyer
Hip Replacement LawsuitsMany of the Hip replacement manufacturers of the metal-on-metal hip implants have recalled their implants for functional defects. There have been settlement offers on hip replacements for victims of a faulty hip implant or cobalt and chromium poisoning to the blood stream.
Hip Replacement Revision Surgery LawsuitsHip replacement or revision surgery is one of the most common orthopedic procedures performed in the United States. There have been numerous defective implants placed on the market resulting in needles pain, suffering and revision surgeries
Get A Hip Replacement Lawyer
Below is a list of cases our hip replacement lawyers will take a look at.
- Stryker Rejuvenate Modular Neck Cases – All
- Stryker ABG II Modular neck Cases – All
- Stryker Accolade (TMZF) Stem cases with Cobalt Chromium modular heads. These stems have the potential for significant head neck corrosion – All cases with Metallosis.
- Wright Medical Conserve Cup (MOM) cases – ALL
- Wright Medical Profemur Stem Cases (this is their modular neck design)- These cases are prone to Fracture (either the titanium or CoCr necks) and Metallosis. ALL.
- Depuy ASR – ALL
- Depuy Pinnacle Metal on Metal (MOM) with modular heads greater than 36 mm.
- Zimmer Durom Cup cases with modular heads greater than 36 mm.
- Zimmer M/L Taper Kinectiv Stem cases (this is their Modular neck design)- All cases with Metallosis.
- Biomet M2A 38mm / Magnum MOM cases. ALL cases with Metallosis.
- DJO / Encore MOM hip cases. All cases revised due to Metallosis.
- Omnilife Apex Arc – This is a smaller manufacturer but this device is a mixed metal modular neck device. ALL
- Smith & Nephew R3 (MOM) cup cases. Only cases that have metallosis and were revised or need a revision.
- Smith & Nephew SMF stem (this is their mixed metal modular neck product). We have not seen many of these yet but, our hip replacement lawyers are interested in them.
- Zimmer’s NexGen Natural Knee System implant lawyers,
- Stryker’s Scorpio implant lawyers,
- Smith & Nephew’s OXINIUM devices lawyer.
Knee Replacement ComplicationsComplications Lawsuits are Being Filed For: Persistent pain, swelling or stiffness, Deep vein thrombosis, Implant failure within five years, Nerve injuries, Fracturing, chipping and migration and Infections.
Brand Knee Replacements Lawsuit FilingsKnee Replacements Causing Problems Include: DePuy knee, Zimmer NexGen LPS, CR and MIS, Natural Knee System, Stryker Scorpio CR and PS components, Duracon Total Knee, Unicompartmental Knee System, Smith & Nephew Oxinium Genesis II and Profix II, Journey Uni Tibial Baseplate, and Biomet Vanguard CR.
Knee Replacement RecallsHas your knee replacement caused debilitating side effects? Have you needed to undergo revision surgery to fix or replace the device or to correct complications caused by the device?
Complications resulting in a knee replacement recall include:Persistent pain of recipient, Infection or drainage, Swelling or inflammation, Damage to surrounding bone, muscle, or nerves
Zimmer NexGen Knee RecallsWhile there has not been a total recall on any Zimmer NexGen knee replacement devices, a number of device components have been recalled. In 2010, Zimmer NexGen MIS Tibial Components were recalled due to high incidences of failure associated with the components. The Zimmer NexGen LPS-Flex GSF Femoral Component was also recalled due to evidence of loosening. Additionally, the Zimmer Natural-Knee II Durasul Patella faces a Class II recall. This component is not part of the Zimmer NexGen product line.
Zimmer RecallsZimmer NexGen knee recalled components include: NexGen MIS Tibial Components,NexGen TM Tibial Trays, NexGen LPS-Flex GSF Femoral Component, NexGen MIS Modular Tibial Plates and Keels.
Stryker Knee Replacement RecallsIn April 2013, the FDA issued a Class I recall of Stryker’s ShapeMatch Cutting Guide. The Guides help to position knee replacement components and guide the marking of the patient’s bone prior to cutting. In November 2012, Stryker acknowledged manufacturing defects in the ShapeMatch Cutting Guide and instructed surgeons to discontinue use. This knee replacement recall was because the software has a defect that causes wider cutting ranges. As a result, knee replacement patients may experience severe complications such as instability of the joint, fracture, chronic pain, and mobility limitations. Patients may also require the need for revision surgery.
Other Knee Replacement RecallsStrykerDuracon Total Knee, Unicompartmental Knee System, Scorpio PS and CR components, BiometVanguard CR, Smith & Nephew Journey Uni Tibial Baseplate, Oxinium Genesis II and Profix II
Get a Knee Replacement Lawyer
Bard IVC Filter DangersBard IVC Filters have certain dangers. The filters can fracture and pieces can migrate and perforate various organs in the body. Inferior Vena Cava filters are implanted to capture blood clots before they can settle in the brain or lungs resulting in a pulmonary embolism or stroke.
Bard IVC Filter Lawyers Filing Inferior Vena Cava Lawsuits For a Failed
- Bard Recovery filter;
- Bard G2 filter;
- Bard G2 Express filter;
- Cook Gunther Tulip