Ethicon Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Recall Lawyers
On May 25, 2016, Johnson & Johnson issued an “Urgent Field Safety Notice” to warning of the higher rates of recurring hernia and the need for revision operations after hernia repair using the Ethicon Physiomesh Composite Mesh. This is the same company that is dealing with hundreds of vaginal mesh lawsuits made of the same substance as the physiomesh.
Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Complications
- Hernia Recurrence
- Scar-like tissue that sticks tissues together
- Blockage of the large or small intestine
- Abnormal adhesions between organs, vessels or intestines
- Fluid build-up at the surgical site
- Perforation of nearby tissues or organs
- Migration and shrinkage
- Bowel perforation and obstruction
- Migration of the mesh and erosion resulting in the need for revision or removal
What Is A Physiomesh?
Ethicon Physiomesh Products Recalled
- Ethicon Physiomesh and vaginal mesh are both used to provide additional support to weakened or damaged tissue. It is made from non-absorbable polypropylene (plastic) filaments that are woven into a mesh.
ETHICON PHYSIOMESH™ Flexible Composite Mesh
Laparoscopic Hernia Pack
Ethicon Physiomesh Complications? Speak to one our mesh lawyers.