Posts Tagged ‘Ft Myers’
What Is The Physiomesh?The Physiomesh is a hernia repair mesh made from polypropylene just like the vaginal mesh products. The FDA originally approved Ethicon’s Physiomesh on April 9, 2010. Ethicon used the FDA 510(k) approval program for the Physiomesh. This allowed them to get it on the market fast.
Problems With The PhysiomeshNumerous studies have shown that the Physiomesh has lower incorporation strengths than the other hernia mesh products. Physiomesh coating issues were observed over time to lead to scar plate formation, but little to no abdominal wall adherence.
Physiomesh: Ethicon Hernia Mesh LawyersSpeak to a physiomesh hernia mesh attorney to discuss a Physiomesh lawsuit
What Are The Types Of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse?1. Physical Abuse 2. Emotional Abuse 3. Sexual Abuse 4. Financial Abuse
Nursing Home Physical InjurySlip and fall Falling out of bed Bed sores Medication errors
Assisted Living Facility LawyerAssisted Living communities are designed for seniors who are no longer able to live on their own safely but do not require the highest level of care provided in a nursing home. Assistance with medications, activities of daily living, meals and housekeeping are routinely provided. They will get help showering and brought to doctor appointments in the community. There are activities and grooming is supervised or helped with on a daily basis. Many Independent living facilities are in fact assisted living facilities based on the services they provide. They often try to avoid the licensing process but, can still be sued for negligence and neglect given the right circumstances. Assisted living facilities have a responsibility to your loved one.
Does Your Loved One Show Signs Of Assisted Living Abuse Or Neglect?Has your loved one fallen, missed meals, having possessions stolen, Not getting the right medications, Not seeing a physician when needed, Got locked out of the facility, poor security for residents protection, did your loved one slip and fall, were objects left in pathways, did your loved one break a hip, were medical needs attended to, or was medications skipped every now and then? Was he or she left alone outside the facility, did your loved on wander away and get injured? There are dozens of possible other negligent actions. Speak to a nursing home abuse assisted living injury attorney if you think you may have a case
Which Manufacturers Are You Accepting IVC Filter Lawsuits For?
Bard IVC Filters Include:
- – Recovery
- – G2
- – G2X
- – Eclipse
- – Meridian
- – Denali’
- – Gunther Tulip
- – Celect
- – OptEase
- – TrapEase
Criteria For The IVC Filter Lawsuit
REASONS FOR IVC FILTER IMPLANTATION:
1. Date of removal2. Symptomatic or asymptomatic at time of removal?3. Percutaneous without complication(s) – Our lawyers are not taking these cases4. Open with or without complication(s) – Our lawyers are taking these cases.A CT Scan will be needed for evaluation of claim even if you are asymptomatic.MANUFACTURERS WE ARE NOT TAKING1. Boston Scientific (Greenfield SS and TI – Permanent) – We need to be careful in turningdown Greenfield filter cases because this is a generic term used to describe all IVCfilters.2. B. Braun Medical (Convertible, Vena Tech and LP)3. ALN4. Rex Medical (Option)5. Rafael Medical (SafeFlo)
Get An IVC Filter Lawyer
Hip Replacement LawsuitsMany of the Hip replacement manufacturers of the metal-on-metal hip implants have recalled their implants for functional defects. There have been settlement offers on hip replacements for victims of a faulty hip implant or cobalt and chromium poisoning to the blood stream.
Hip Replacement Revision Surgery LawsuitsHip replacement or revision surgery is one of the most common orthopedic procedures performed in the United States. There have been numerous defective implants placed on the market resulting in needles pain, suffering and revision surgeries
Get A Hip Replacement Lawyer
Below is a list of cases our hip replacement lawyers will take a look at.
- Stryker Rejuvenate Modular Neck Cases – All
- Stryker ABG II Modular neck Cases – All
- Stryker Accolade (TMZF) Stem cases with Cobalt Chromium modular heads. These stems have the potential for significant head neck corrosion – All cases with Metallosis.
- Wright Medical Conserve Cup (MOM) cases – ALL
- Wright Medical Profemur Stem Cases (this is their modular neck design)- These cases are prone to Fracture (either the titanium or CoCr necks) and Metallosis. ALL.
- Depuy ASR – ALL
- Depuy Pinnacle Metal on Metal (MOM) with modular heads greater than 36 mm.
- Zimmer Durom Cup cases with modular heads greater than 36 mm.
- Zimmer M/L Taper Kinectiv Stem cases (this is their Modular neck design)- All cases with Metallosis.
- Biomet M2A 38mm / Magnum MOM cases. ALL cases with Metallosis.
- DJO / Encore MOM hip cases. All cases revised due to Metallosis.
- Omnilife Apex Arc – This is a smaller manufacturer but this device is a mixed metal modular neck device. ALL
- Smith & Nephew R3 (MOM) cup cases. Only cases that have metallosis and were revised or need a revision.
- Smith & Nephew SMF stem (this is their mixed metal modular neck product). We have not seen many of these yet but, our hip replacement lawyers are interested in them.
- Zimmer’s NexGen Natural Knee System implant lawyers,
- Stryker’s Scorpio implant lawyers,
- Smith & Nephew’s OXINIUM devices lawyer.
Knee Replacement ComplicationsComplications Lawsuits are Being Filed For: Persistent pain, swelling or stiffness, Deep vein thrombosis, Implant failure within five years, Nerve injuries, Fracturing, chipping and migration and Infections.
Brand Knee Replacements Lawsuit FilingsKnee Replacements Causing Problems Include: DePuy knee, Zimmer NexGen LPS, CR and MIS, Natural Knee System, Stryker Scorpio CR and PS components, Duracon Total Knee, Unicompartmental Knee System, Smith & Nephew Oxinium Genesis II and Profix II, Journey Uni Tibial Baseplate, and Biomet Vanguard CR.
Knee Replacement RecallsHas your knee replacement caused debilitating side effects? Have you needed to undergo revision surgery to fix or replace the device or to correct complications caused by the device?
Complications resulting in a knee replacement recall include:Persistent pain of recipient, Infection or drainage, Swelling or inflammation, Damage to surrounding bone, muscle, or nerves
Zimmer NexGen Knee RecallsWhile there has not been a total recall on any Zimmer NexGen knee replacement devices, a number of device components have been recalled. In 2010, Zimmer NexGen MIS Tibial Components were recalled due to high incidences of failure associated with the components. The Zimmer NexGen LPS-Flex GSF Femoral Component was also recalled due to evidence of loosening. Additionally, the Zimmer Natural-Knee II Durasul Patella faces a Class II recall. This component is not part of the Zimmer NexGen product line.
Zimmer RecallsZimmer NexGen knee recalled components include: NexGen MIS Tibial Components,NexGen TM Tibial Trays, NexGen LPS-Flex GSF Femoral Component, NexGen MIS Modular Tibial Plates and Keels.
Stryker Knee Replacement RecallsIn April 2013, the FDA issued a Class I recall of Stryker’s ShapeMatch Cutting Guide. The Guides help to position knee replacement components and guide the marking of the patient’s bone prior to cutting. In November 2012, Stryker acknowledged manufacturing defects in the ShapeMatch Cutting Guide and instructed surgeons to discontinue use. This knee replacement recall was because the software has a defect that causes wider cutting ranges. As a result, knee replacement patients may experience severe complications such as instability of the joint, fracture, chronic pain, and mobility limitations. Patients may also require the need for revision surgery.
Other Knee Replacement RecallsStrykerDuracon Total Knee, Unicompartmental Knee System, Scorpio PS and CR components, BiometVanguard CR, Smith & Nephew Journey Uni Tibial Baseplate, Oxinium Genesis II and Profix II
Get a Knee Replacement Lawyer
Do You Want To File A Talcum Powder Lawsuit?If you have used talcum powder or baby powder products and developed ovarian cancer you may be able to file a Talcum Powder lawsuit Current lawsuits Johnson & Johnson claim that long-term use of talc-based products caused women to develop ovarian cancer. Victims claim that they were not warned of the risks associated with these talc products. Women and their families may be able to seek compensation for ovarian cancer diagnosis with the help of one of our lawyers.
Is There A Risk of Talcum Powder Causing Ovarian Cancer?Talcum powder lawsuits claim Talcum Powder caused ovarian cancer. When used as a feminine hygiene product, talc particles can travel through the vagina and into the ovaries and remain trapped for years. These talc particles can cause inflammation and eventually lead to the growth of ovarian cancer cells.
Studies Claim Dangers Of Talcum PowderAlthough Johnson & Johnson maintains that talcum powder is safe for use, plaintiffs in ovarian cancer lawsuits offer studies that suggest an association between talc and ovarian cancer dating as far back as 1971. In 1994, Johnson & Johnson was put on notice of a link between talc and ovarian cancer. A letter was sent from the Cancer Prevention Coalition to the then-CEO of the company.
Will There Be a Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Class Action Lawsuit I Can Join ?According to news reports, more than 1,200 women claim talcum powder caused their ovarian cancer. Currently the lawsuits are being filed at the state level.
Talcum Powder Lawsuit SettlementsA $72 million talcum powder verdict is handed down against Johnson & Johnson in favor of a woman who claimed that long-term Shower-to-Shower use for feminine hygiene caused her to develop ovarian cancer. The verdict included a $62 million award of punitive damages against the company. Our talcum powder cancer lawyers are available to discuss your options.
Power Morcellator Lawyers Filing Lawsuits
Power Morcellator Device Spreads Uterine Cancer Continue To GrowMorcellator lawyers advise that power Morcellator lawsuits have been consolidated by the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation. 2652 cases have been filed for women who underwent laparoscopic power morcellation for hysterectomies or myomectomies and were put at risk for spreading previously hidden cancer cells. The Facts
- The Morcellator has jaw-like blades that rapidly spin to shred fibroid tissue so that the pieces are able to be removed from the body.
- It is now known that as tool does this, it uncovers and disseminates uterine sarcoma cells.
- The FDA issued a safety warning against laparoscopic power morcellation procedures due to the risk of spreading cancer.
- Many women have developed serious or fatal leiomyosarcoma.
- There have been deaths of “hundreds, if not thousands of women in America”.