Class Action Lawyer NetworkClass Action Lawyer Network is a nationwide lawyer network of experienced class action and multi-district litigation lawyers. We are here to help you file a dangerous drug and medical device lawsuits as well as other class actions. Our experienced lawyers have a deep concern for the injured and the underdog who has been harmed by corporations and manufacturers who prefer profits over warnings and people. The lawyers of Class Action lawyer Network lawyers have been leaders in multiple class actions and multi District Litigation lawsuits with multi-million dollar settlements in many cases. Call us now. We are your source for an experienced lawyer with concerned responsive staff. Our mass tort attorneys have the experience to get you the justice you deserve for:
- Blood Clot Filters, Vena Cava Filters, IVC Filter Lawsuits-vein and organ perforation, migration and breakage
- Bard IVC Filers; Cook IVC Filters
- Eliquis Bleeding Claim Lawyers
- Baby Powder Lawsuits for Ovarian Cancer
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawyers
- Taxotere Lawsuit Lawyers- Permanent hair loss related to breast cancer chemotherapy
- Xarelto for extensive bleeding injury and death
- Nexium- Acute Kidney Injuries – Chronic Kidney Disease – Interstitial Nephritis
- Mesothelioma, Asbestos Exposure,
- Mirena IUD- Silicone poisoning – Pseudotumor – Brain tumor cases only
- Invokana- ketoacidosis, which may cause diabetic comas or death
- Bard and Cook IVC- Blood Clot Filter Lawsuits for high fracture rates and fatal complications,
- Power Morcellator spreading of uterine cancer,
- Zofran Birth Defect lawyers, cleft palate, cleft lip, heart defects
- GranuFlo- Dialysis Medication- Immediate Heart Attack,
- Talc powder-baby powder ovarian cancer lawsuits,
- Byetta for pancreas cancer lawsuits,
- Benicar for Gastrointestinal problems,
- Depakote for birth defects,
- Zimmer’s NexGen and Natural Knee System implants,
- Stryker’s Scorpio implants
- Smith & Nephew’s OXINIUM Knee Replacement devices.
- Risperdal, Breast development in young males
- Metronic Infuse Bone Graft,- used off-label in spinal surgery
- Zofran Cleft Palate, Cleft lip, Heart Defects Lawsuits,
- Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for ovarian cancer,
- Bair Hugger Blankets, surgery warming blankets,
- GM ignition switch failure lawsuits with injury
Hip Replacement Lawyers
Faulty Hip Replacement Lawsuits for :
- Stryker Rejuvenate Modular Neck Cases – All
- Stryker ABG II Modular neck Cases – All
- Stryker Accolade (TMZF) Stem cases with Cobalt Chromium modular heads. These stems have the potential for significant head neck corrosion – All cases with Metallosis.
- Wright Medical Conserve Cup (MOM) cases – ALL
- Wright Medical Profemur Stem Cases (this is their modular neck design)- These are prone to Fracture (either the titanium or CoCr necks) and Metallosis. ALL.
- Depuy ASR and Depuy Pinnacle Metal on Metal (MOM) with modular heads
- Zimmer Durom Cup cases with modular heads greater than 36 mm.
- Zimmer M/L Taper Kinectiv Stem cases (this is their Modular neck design)
- Biomet M2A 38mm / Magnum MOM
- DJO / Encore MOM hip cases. All cases with revision surgery
- Omnilife Apex Arc
- Smith & Nephew R3 (MOM) cup cases
- Smith & Nephew SMF stem.
- All Hip Replacements with a diagnosis of Chromium or Cobalt blood toxicity
Faulty Knee Replacement Lawsuits For :
Zimmer Persona KneeDepuy Knee Replacement, Zimmer Persona Knee Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacement, Zimmer NexGen “High-Flex” femoral components
What is a Multi District Lawsuit?Multidistrict litigation is a procedure utilized in the federal court system to transfer to one federal judge all pending civil cases of a similar type filed throughout the United States. This is usual and customary in mass torts and dangerous drugs and medical devices effecting large groups like the vaginal mesh, Actos, DePuy Hip Recall and Pradaxa. The decision whether cases should be transferred is made by a panel of seven federal judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court. The Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation meets periodically to review requests that cases be consolidated for pretrial matters pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1407,a law passed by Congress. Although the panel meets in different cities in the United States on a periodic basis, the Clerk of the Panel is permanently stationed in Washington, D.C. Your case will be filed in the state chosen by a multi district litigation panel. For instance, the current vaginal mesh lawsuits have been consolidated in West Virginia under Judge Goodwin. You do not have to go to the state where the lawsuit is consolidated in. A multi district litigation is not a type of class action. Although class actions may be transferred to an MDL consolidation in the same manner as single plaintiff cases. However, for cases to be treated as proper for an MDL consolidation the panel must find they one or more common questions of fact. Since commonality is also an required element for a class action, class actions are frequently litigated in MDL proceedings.
What Is A Class Action?A class action is a lawsuit filed on behalf of a group of people. The purpose of a class action is to allow many people with few resources to combat the drug manufacturing corporation and reduce the cost of legal fees. The court handling the action would try to inform everyone who belongs to the class, giving them the option of opting out and seeking independent action or opting in and accepting whatever shares of the settlement or verdict may be passed to them. They will share the award or settlement.
Class Action Trust Claims
- Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claim- Mesothelioma
- Dow Corning Breast Implant Class Action Trust
Multi District LitigationsThe Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation was created by legislation in 1968 in response to the difficulty among the courts in coordinating almost 2,000 related cases Multi District Litigations. An MDL. It stands for “multidistrict litigation,” a type of legal proceeding designed to help federal courts efficiently manage many related cases ,like the vaginal mesh lawsuits, filed in different jurisdictions. The federal MDL statute, 28 U.S.C. § 1407, permits the transfer of federal civil lawsuits to one or more district courts for pretrial consolidation or coordination to make it easier to manage and more cost effective for the courts. Multidistrict litigation is a procedure utilized in the federal court system to transfer to one federal judge all pending civil cases of a similar type filed throughout the United States. The decision whether cases should be transferred is made by a panel of seven federal judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Currently most vaginal mesh lawsuits are consolidated, for instance, in West Virginia under Judge Goodwin.
What is the difference between a class action and multidistrict litigation ?Once a class action is declared, all the people who have claims and are considered a part of the class are given a brief time to either opt in or opt out. All those who have not opted out remain part of the class, and the class action proceeds as a single trial. With a consolidation into a multidistrict litigation, the individual cases may have very different outcomes in trial. In practice, though, much multidistrict litigation leads to settlements during the pretrial proceedings. An example is the recent Bayer settlements for Yaz which has awarded settlements to the first 500 claiments. The Dow Corning Breast Implant settlement was a class action.
Class Action Lawsuit
- A large group of people file a complaint for similar grievances
- The lawsuit is filed on behalf of everyone in the class
- This class is a group of people who share similar circumstances, injuries and damages. e. Finally,
- The individual compensation must be small enough that it is not worth the time or money to hire an individual attorney.
Multi-District Litigation (MDL)
- Applies to large numbers of civil lawsuits, which were pending in numerous different federal district courts
- They have at least one common question of fact in common
- They are transferred and consolidated for pretrial proceedings before one judge.